Author Topic: 2 coon, 2 nights, 2 traps  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
2 coon, 2 nights, 2 traps
« on: February 02, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »
So all season long up here in potter county i've been trying different sets, different baits/lure, even some blind sets with no success, I was convinced there were no coon in potter county. Until, the last few days have been in the 50's and I figured the boars would be out and about. The hatchery has been getting a few visitors in the night and eating a pile of YOUR trout, so I decided to lay down 2 1.5 coils right on the pavement next to the the raceways. The traps were pretty unstable on the pavement and didn't really think I'd have anything other than sprung traps. The last two mornings I've had a very large boar coon in the trap. So, all I have to do next year is wait until it is ungodly cold, wait for the thaw, and set on concrete and I should be good to go! Only downer this morning, was on the way I collected a very large doe with my chevy :(. But hey, more meat for the table and fur for the stretchers!
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
  • i can can do it because i dont know that i cant.
Re: 2 coon, 2 nights, 2 traps
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 07:25:17 AM »
Good job!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 08:40:21 AM »
Hope the chevy isn't too bad.  Congrats on the coon.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline icecube

• Senior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 11:26:03 AM »
Congrats on the catch..keep it up....ED