Author Topic: Beaver encounter  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Beaver encounter
« on: July 13, 2010, 12:37:30 PM »
Setting turtle hooks one night, I walked up to the lake edge and saw
a beaver swimming, 20 yds out,he then slapped his tail and dove.
As I looked to my left, there was a huge beaver on shore, feeding, about 15 ft away.
I snuck back up to the truck to get the camera, and he busted me on the way back down , and slipped  into the water.
I did get a few pics of him as he swam towards me to check me out then swam away.
I tried to get pics of him slapping and diving, but he was fearless and even as I kicked stones towards him and hissed, he still wouldn't slap.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Beaver encounter
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:47:17 PM »
See, Turtle fishing is turning out to be a good thing.  Now you know where there are some beaver.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 08:18:39 PM »
Neat to here that slap on the water.. It sounds like ??????A Beaver slapping it's tail on the water... However it's neat...I have heard that on NEPA PGL I hunt on.. Actually fished those same ponds as a kid so it was so nice to return...Hearing the slap of the tail was an added bonus to returning to the old stomping grounds..

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 11:22:32 PM »
Great pics LL!  Can you let those canines alone long enough this winter to go after those beaver? ;)