Author Topic: 1st red almost  (Read 2893 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
1st red almost
« on: January 20, 2008, 10:01:47 AM »
Well baby brother continues to make me look bad :oops:  Friday night he got a red fox, he thinks... that was the good news..the bad news when he got to the restraint it was empty, as someone had driven down in the field during the night and relieved him of his catch.. :( wasn't a happy camper, but calmer than i imagined, there are some real asses out there. :evil: this set couldn't be seen from road, dork had to open gate and drive through a field to get there..

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
1st red almost
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 02:38:18 PM »
ow, I would be peev'd

uncle buck

1st red almost
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 10:17:03 PM »
I have set out a restraint trap line again this year.  So far I got a coyote and 6 red fox.  One of the red fox was shot by someone with a high powered rifle.  I wish the neigbors would just stay off farms they live close by.  

So this particular fox will not be sold for fur.  I'm having the head mounted.  I always wanted a snarling red fox head mount but not necessary this year.  LOL

Cable restraints are just awesome!!!!!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
red fox
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 10:51:28 AM »
UB you got that right , would be nice if our fellow sportsman would be a little considerate sometimes. Congrats on your success so far..I would suggest you put that snarling head on the bedroom wall.. :lol: your wife will be delighted, and you just might get lucky... :lol:  :lol:

uncle buck

1st red almost
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 05:57:13 PM »
Yep that sure would do the trick with the red hanging over the  bed.  She already said to me "what kind of phone call would she be getting today?"   "Will it be a landowner,  game warden, or the local police?"  Yep this trapping is just not enjoying the outdoors, it's an adventure!

Jaspr thank you for kind words  about the harvest.

UB