Author Topic: Last ditch coyote an crow hunt  (Read 22742 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Last ditch coyote an crow hunt
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2015, 06:14:39 AM »
 >:( >:( 23 degree's this morning  >:( >:( C-Burg Meteorologist either get us some good weather (WARM) or resign or just be quiet  :-X :-X I went back and reread that chant or whatever  ::) "TRY" what the "H" ??? you were supposed to say something like many "KILL's"  >:( what were you thinking  ???. I guess I will bundle up and head out and try for a Coyote 1st and then maybe a crow  ;) I need to shoot them 2 at a time to catch up  :o :o.........I have an old Indian recipe for crow  ::) ::) what would you prefer a wing or a leg  :P :P :P :P :P.. 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2015, 07:20:42 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( Iffin you got 23° you are 3° warmer than in C-burg. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\...enjoy the heat wave.... 8) 8) 8) 8) as far as crow... ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? only "Old Crow" for me  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I don't even know if they make that anymore  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline nepahunter17

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2015, 01:11:57 PM »
6 more for today cold and windy again.man those lil boogers can really move when they get in the wind.makes for lotta empty hauls to reload with not so many birds to count.I'll post pictures later might go back out not sure yet.
Due to price increase in ammo,,,,,,,,,,,,,there will be no warning shots

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2015, 03:23:01 PM »
Keep knocking em down.  I think you might just have this contest wrapped up !!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2015, 03:49:03 PM »
 >:( Well I'm done >:(  sort of forced >:(  at 9am the Gamelands started to fill with bikers,walkers and lovers  :P No room for coyote-crow hunters  :(  every spot I tried except 2 had someone,doing something  ::) I even saw a guy open a gate and drive on back where they were timbering  :o I did get 3 more so I would have something to show I was out  ;D Kind of disappointed no coyote,I gave it a try though  :P :P :P :P :P...had a lot of fun and that's all that counts really  ;D I had something happen 1st time in 50+ yrs of hunting  :) hit a crow and as he was coming fluttering down a Red Tail went after him  ;D I don't know where he came from but I jumped up and he took off  ;D ;D .............hope everybody enjoyed themselves and let's hear a story or two... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2015, 04:50:21 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D " I had something happen 1st time in 50+ yrs of hunting  :) hit a crow and as he was coming fluttering down a Red Tail went after him  ;D I don't know where he came from but I jumped up and he took of" ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? really!! :o :o :o :o I've told some tall tales but...REALLY????  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) Now I won't push the envelope but are you gonna count that one???  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2015, 05:13:28 PM »
   ;D ;D Well here are the meager results  :( :( I should have taken my single the other two days  >:( >:( That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[................... 8)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2015, 05:15:56 PM »
 ;D ;D YES I AM  ;D ;D My one eared owl  ??? who is almost as old as me, was a witness  ::) ::) and will verify the above account  ::) ::)............. 8)

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:18:58 PM by jaspr1 »

Offline nepahunter17

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2015, 07:00:47 PM »
Lol good story.would be a site to see .

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2015, 07:10:25 PM »
Nice job Jaspr.
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline nepahunter17

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2015, 07:40:12 PM »
Total for the hunt 18. ??? last couple of days was to windy and cold.my setup was 4 dove decoys painted flat black. calling with a FoxPro hellfire. shooting Remington 870 pump with full choke with Winchester #8's super speed. CONGRATS jaspr and everyone else who did the hunt

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2015, 07:44:45 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Really. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o..You shot the sparrows off the bird feeder and spray painted them black. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???...Really. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\..does the CEO know about this??? You will be working those flower beds for sure!! :P :P :P :P Even shot the ear off the owl!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:46:16 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2015, 05:54:34 AM »
 ;D 17 NICE ! ;D It was windy  >:( NO EXCUSE..this old guy just couldn't hit the broadside of a barn  :-[ :-[ ......Now "Goose".... >:( >:( >:( >:( as usual your bird identification needs work  ::) ::) ::) these are actually large Grackles enhanced by computer technology  ;D but keep it to yourself  :-X :-X otherwise 17 and others will be calling "Fowl"  :o :o Try to remember, some of us are not tied to the kitchen and house by APRON strings like you  :P :P I have sent you an autographed picture  ;D ;D ;D .............. 8) PS...That 1 eared owl? He lost his ear when  :( :( I had him sitting on my JS caller one snowy,sleety,rainy night with gale force winds  ;) I was playing a rabbit in distress and a Gray Fox came out of no where and tore his ear off  :o :o :o :o Honest injun  ::) ::) ::) ::)............... 8)

Offline nepahunter17

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2015, 10:05:58 AM »
Thanks! I wasn't doing so well with the shooting took 31 shots to get 18 birds.they can really move when they get that wind on thier a,,. How does the owl work on crows I have one but never took it oout do they actually dive bomb it?do you use crow and owl sounds with it?

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2015, 11:28:08 AM »
Congtats to both of you.  Glad to see you just getting out there and participating !  Well done bot of you !!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!