Author Topic: What is truly the law of hunting and trapping in Safety Zones with permission  (Read 2186 times)

uncle buck

Could a land owner give you permission to shoot and trap in Safety Zones?  Even if the owner gives you permission could you get fined? Would the warden first ask the land owner if it was OK for such and such person to shoot or trap in a safety zone before fining them? Would a hunter or trapper need written permission or if confronted would knocking on the homeowners do be sufficent to confirm that someone does have permission to hunt or trap inside the safety zone?

Reason I ask this is that I was just looking at the Game Law codes and it area on Safety Zones.  It spelled out the law but said nothing of waivers if the land owner allowed you to do this.

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
Except as otherwise provided in this title or to any political subdivision, its employees or agents, which has a valid deer control permit issued under section 2902(c) (relating to general categories of permits), it is unlawful for any person, other than the lawful occupant, while hunting game or wildlife, taking furbearers of any kind, or pursuing any other privilege granted by this title, to hunt for, take, trap, pursue, disturb or otherwise chase any game or wildlife or to discharge, for any reason, any firearm, arrow or other deadly weapon within or through a safety zone, or to shoot at any game or wildlife while it is within the safety zone without the specific advance permission of the lawful occupant thereof
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
don't have to have that permission in writing?
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
don't have to have that permission in writing?

that is what I am wondering as well.  before it had to be written permission. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
I don't think it would hurt to have it in writing though.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
Permission does not have to be in writing but of course it always helps make things easier.
THIS IS SPARTA!!