Author Topic: Flatheads are a bittin  (Read 5859 times)

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Flatheads are a bittin
« on: July 12, 2010, 02:17:02 PM »
A guy caught two flatheads one night last weekend. He was fishing near PNC Park in Pittsburgh. One was 35 inches and the other was 41 inches. Does anyone want to meet me and do some big cat fishing in the near future? I would love to hook into a 41 inch Flathead. Now that would be a fight. I will provide the chubs for bait.
President PPHA

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Flatheads are a bittin
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 03:26:29 PM »
if it wasnt 200+ miles to get there I would be there bill. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 03:41:23 PM »
I hear ya. The big boys are starting to hit. I was out 3 nights last week and all I caught was a turtle. Maybe the rain we had a couple days ago triggered something in the Flatheads. I'm going this weekend if the weather permits.
President PPHA

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 04:16:04 PM »
Ha bill, maybe we need to get some of that apple pie drink from Ben. Lol

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »
That sounds like the real deal to me.
President PPHA

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 04:46:57 PM »
Its good stuff that's for sure.  I only drank a little but its the kind of stuff that goes down like nothing then smacks you in the A** and makes you dance.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 04:51:52 PM »
LOL.  I think i am gonna up the vodka in it a bit. 

You two thinkin of coming out the end of the month?
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 10:36:55 PM »
I'm planning on being there Saturday morning till Sunday some time. Earl is going to a trap shoot that weekend. All I need is an average hotel room for one night. Do you know much about the area Ben? The closer to the expo the better for me.
President PPHA

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 01:19:12 AM »
Stupid me Ben, I didn't read your post in full. I thought you were talking about the expo. I would love to be there but I have to stay in air conditioning the better part of the time. I can be out for a while but I have breathing problems and need some 02.
President PPHA

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 08:07:04 AM »
I will be in Wyoming hunting antelope during the expo. My wife and I drew permits in a very limited area..
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 08:28:36 AM by foxpro51 »

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 11:17:46 PM »
MB, if I dont' plan a big vacation this summer, which I wasn't really...I was thinking of going over to the 3 rivers and fishing for some big cats actaully, I'll see whats in the books, which means checking in with the lil lady, and i'll see if I can make a run out that way with the boat and we'll haul in some monsters....I like that you offered to bring the bait, I hate getting bait haha
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 02:36:07 PM »
cs51, come on over. Tea, I'll get the chubs in my favorite chub creek the day before. I'm ready to pound them. Just don't make it July 30,31, and august 1. Going on a road trip.
President PPHA

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 11:23:53 AM »
yeah thats the weekend of hte D2/D4 outdoor extravaganza...So I won't be going anywhere but knee deep in the susky...you comin out our way are you?
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 01:28:54 PM »
This trip is the back roads to Skyline Drive in Va. We ride to Front Royal the first day, ride Skyline Dr the second day, Take our time, stop an several look out spots, read some historical markers, eat lunch on the mountain, and stay in Staunton Va the second night. The third day we come home different back roads. It's about a 750 mile trip. Beautiful ride.
President PPHA

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 01:41:31 PM »
I love the Blue Ridge and the Front Royal area. Was there for a week in May.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers