Author Topic: This Saturday - Fish-in (Blue Marsh Lake)  (Read 3978 times)

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
This Saturday - Fish-in (Blue Marsh Lake)
« on: July 16, 2008, 08:20:43 AM »
Hello everyone,

When: July 19th 7:30 AM till 2 PM

Where: Blue Marsh Lake - Berks Co, Pa (Stilling Basin parking lot)

Address to help you get close: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Blue Marsh Lake
1268 Palisades Drive
Leesport, PA  19533

This Saturday - July 19th, we will be having a fish-in / get together at Blue Marsh Lake in Berks County, Pa.  This event is not sponsored by anyone and there is no "competition" just a chance to get together and put some faces with names, maybe even catch a few fish.

Dave from PSP lives close to the lake and will pre bait the lake prior to the event - we are mainly going to be fishing for carp.  Never fished for carp before?  This could be your chance to learn some cool tricks and tips for euro/american carp angling.  Of course if you wanted to come and fish for other species your more then welcome to.

I will be brining plenty of different baits for carp - but good ol' canned corn and dough balls never get fail!

We are going to be meeting at 7:30 AM and fishing until about 2:00 PM -- if you want to get their earlier or stay later by all means go ahead!

We will be meeting at the parking lot for the stilling basin and fishing around the stilling bssin - if things are not working here we may move later in the day.  I have attached a picture of the lake (which has the stilling basin marked) and also a picture of the parking lot at the stilling basin.

If you need better directions or would like my cell phone number (in case you get lost, or will be late, etc) just PM me and I will get that to you.

Let us know if your going to be coming!

p.s. - It will prob be hot so be sure to bring water, food, sun screen, glasses, or whatever you need!

Hope to see you there!
Keystoneman (Eric)
Sore Lip 'Em All -- Catch & Release