Author Topic: Oh I am Going To Have To Hunt By that Pond??????????  (Read 1140 times)

uncle buck

Oh I am Going To Have To Hunt By that Pond??????????
« on: December 14, 2009, 06:13:56 PM »
How many times have you known a good place that might have predator by in abundance?  You say to yourself "I am going to go and call right by the pond." "Surely I am going to get me a fox there or a coon?????"

OK you like the pond but also the predator like the pond because eveyone likes the pond...The fox's prey animals also like the pond... So if you go by the pond to call your going to scare away the predator who surely like the pond and are hunting right there....

So yes hunt the pond...However get where the wind is blowing to the pond and get just where it's legal....Now you call down wind to the pond...Have someone set up cross wind of your calling or you set up cross wind of your speaker that is facing down wind toward the pond.
The predator hears your field mouse... He or she turns and comes to eat the fieldmouse... You get a shot...had you walked down by the pond to call you just scared away the fox that had you called to the pond you would have had a call in..

Now that snow is coming and it will get crusty.....Believe me they are hungry.... Get legal and use your call set up just right and they will come to you.....Don't go to them....Make them come to you.  the more ground you cover the less predaors you will call in... Now after you called where it was legal and nothing showed... Now you can go in deeper and make another stand...