Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Guns and Ammo / Re: .17 wsm
« Last post by wfo204 on October 27, 2018, 03:39:52 PM »
I have a nightforce on my .204 and I love it but I'm not about to spend that kind of money on a scope for my .17.
« Last post by QUATTRO on October 27, 2018, 03:39:10 PM »
I just purchased a .17wsm looking for recommendations for a good scope at not a bad price and Vortex have a great warranty..

Be dependant on cost ...above $500 and as Brushwolf stated the Trijicons are very nice. If you want to spend below $500, say around $300, Vortex makes a scope called a Hog Hunter that is a 3-12x56 AO with a single illiminated dot in center of crosshairs known as the V-Brite reticle. I own 3...for the money they are a good value.
Night Hunting / Re: Video night hunts
« Last post by QUATTRO on October 27, 2018, 03:30:59 PM »
A few members run tactacams with luck, while a few others are running Handi-Cam types rigged up to their guns or having someone film them. I use a set up called a Video No-Shok which uses a recoil reduction system and a Handi-Cam that mounts to a pic rail ...whole set up costs $140 ...created by a guy named Alex Wiggs...look him up on YouTube or I can pm you his info. Alex is a good guy. 
« Last post by Brushwolf on October 27, 2018, 02:33:29 PM »
Well just talked to a member a few days about scopes. I am a Leupold guy but after speaking with this member about quality of different brands I actually might try the AccuPower by trijicon. Not too bad of a price and if don’t want to get a illuminated can get them even at a cheaper cost. Lots of guys like the vortex scopes but I have no experience with them.
Guns and Ammo / .17 wsm
« Last post by wfo204 on October 26, 2018, 07:50:32 AM »
I just purchased a .17wsm looking for recommendations for a good scope at not a bad price.
PPHA Events / Re: 1st PPHA FOX OPENER HUNT
« Last post by Hern on October 23, 2018, 03:36:03 AM »
Thanks Brushwolf
A friend sent me that picture. It musta been the winners.
Good job everyone.
« Last post by Brushwolf on October 22, 2018, 09:46:30 PM »
THE 2018 FOX SEASON OPENER RESULTS ARE IN!!

1ST Place-Most Fox (13)- Ben Sweigart and Devin Mercer...$200 cash and $50 Tony Tebbe sound file gift card

2ND Place-Heaviest single fox (14.2 lb red) Brian Eckert and Trevor Nok Leutze...$200 cash

3RD Place-Smallest Single Fox (7.6 lb gray) Boyd Heaton and Gary Adams... $100 cash

Heaviest Coyote side pot ($120) Brian Davis 43.85 lb male.

Honorable Mention-Dan and Don Klick with 12 reds and without dispute the ugliest fox 😛

We applaud everybody's efforts this weekend as we all dealt with less than stellar weather conditions.  Thank you all for a successful inaugural event!  Please let your officers know if you have any suggestions on how to improve this hunt for next year...Thank you!

Please folks, remember to thank the sponsors of this hunt.  We greatly appreciate their help with this event!

Tony Tebbe
www.predatoruniversity.com

Trop Gun Shop
Elizabethtown, PA
« Last post by Hern on October 22, 2018, 06:57:52 AM »
Who won?
Fur Handling / Re: Fur
« Last post by wfo204 on October 18, 2018, 08:56:55 AM »
They are gone
Fur Handling / Putting Up Fur
« Last post by Hern on October 18, 2018, 04:24:24 AM »
Anyone that needs help putting up fur, let me know. You can PM me on huntingpa.
Or if you don't want to mess with your fur, I will take it.
Good fur that is given to me, I put it up proper then donate to district, state & national trappers associations.
In turn, they have fur garments made for give away or raffles. These monies are used on education & research for the most part.
PM me on huntingpa
Hern
Hern Blett
Selinsgrove

- I trap & call for fun. I skin 'em for the money -
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10