Author Topic: PPHA Camping/Picnic Weekend  (Read 34674 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: PPHA Camping/Picnic Weekend
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 08:01:55 AM »
Hern, Ben and I are bringing the food.  If you can bring enough wood for three days that would be great.  If not I know Ben has some he can bring if needed, just let us know if he will need to bring it. 

Rattlesnake season will not be in while we are at camp due to the fact that we moved it up a couple weeks this year.  Too bad because we all enjoyed your demo.

Just be ready to have some fun.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 10:04:55 AM »
Only time I could make it is for a couple hours Friday night...Is that even worth it? Could bring some food (snacks)  and drinks to let there for the rest of you guys.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 04:47:24 PM »
Thats your call.  If you do make it, don't bring anything but a chair and yourself.  We will supply the rest.........Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 06:44:28 AM »
Tim, I'll have my gear and grandson's gear. If someone can bring  some wood, that would help me out. But I'll bring some wood, just don't want to run out.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 07:43:41 AM »
I'll bring wood as well. I doubt we will run out if we do i can run home for more
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2012, 11:47:22 AM »
 >:( One of these days I'm gonna be able to make this event..just not this year again... :( Hern, bring a chain saw and use everyones tent poles for fire wood.  ;D
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2012, 12:42:23 PM »
Ok, I will bring one match for starting the camp fire. :-)
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2012, 04:23:32 PM »
I'll bring what wood I have.  What else can I bring?
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2012, 04:44:23 PM »
Whatever you would like to if you have some food you would like to share with the group that is fine to bring as well. If anyone has special dietary needs we ask them to please provide that type of food for themselves. Thank you
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2012, 06:05:29 PM »
I will bring some wood. I'll be coming alone. Just need room to park my truck, I'll be sleeping in it.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2012, 08:17:43 AM »
Planning to stop in Friday evening to meet some of you guys. Can't stay...have a family reunion the next day...am supposed to be there...some of you guys could do a little turkey hunting Saturday morning back in Licking Creek if you can get up early enough....

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2012, 08:22:56 AM »
Get up early enough?  They will just be going to bed!

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2012, 10:55:54 AM »
Who cares about sleep when you can be chasing a longbeard? Hunt now....Sleep later...

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2012, 12:11:32 PM »
Havent joined yet but will in 1 or two weeks...the ol lady wants us to come so i will have a def RSVP as soon as i get membership...i might just be sneaky and sign up tonight when shes not looking....ill let u guys know tonihgt
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2012, 01:08:42 PM »
Cool, we would love to have you.  It is always a fun time.