Author Topic: Districts 2 & 4 Camping/Fishing and Relaxing Weekend  (Read 24007 times)

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Re: Districts 2 & 4 Camping/Fishing and Relaxing Weekend
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2011, 08:18:36 PM »
Great time, Tim and Dj thanks for all the time you guys put into this event. I am beat from all the fun. Now can you guys keep the noise down. Tim is trying to sleep. :o
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2011, 08:52:40 PM »
Great week end DJ and Tim!!
There were so many laughs, my chest hurt and cheeks were cramped(top ones)
Great people!! Its too bad it couldn't last longer.
The kids were super bummed that it was over.
Thanks guys
see ya next year

Offline Foxhunter1014

• PPHA Members
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2011, 09:29:35 PM »
Had a great weekend with you guys.  Thanks DJ and Tim for making this happen it was a blast.  Cant wait to do it again.   Ben i can still see you crashing that bike and on the bouncey.  Good times with the PPHA.
Ill quit hunting when the gun is ripped from my cold dead hands.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2011, 10:08:13 PM »
In Ben's defense, he baled off the bike because he didn't know where the breaks were and he was coming up on the pack of other racers too fast.( so he says)
I wont soon forgets those images either.
It was great to see everyone again, and meet some great new members

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2011, 07:04:01 AM »
it was a good weekend.  And yep I didn't want to hit no one so I bailed.  not hurt at all.  it stinks that I gotta go back to work again this morn. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2011, 12:12:05 PM »
Here is prob the only pic I got other then herns skinin demo.  make your own captions for hern dj and bob. 

here's the only other two i got.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:35:02 PM by bigben »
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2011, 02:49:15 PM »
That was the right thing to do but if you don't mind I'm sticking with the story that you lost control and flipped it.  Makes me laugh even now!!.  HAHA ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2011, 03:27:51 PM »
whatever floats your boat tim.  I still had fun and to be honest this past weekend prob ranks number 1 on my best weekends ever with friends and that includes all the hunts all the rondys and other get togethers we had.  I had a blast and it shows what the ppha is about.  thanks again for those involved including those that showed up and participated. 

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2011, 03:45:48 PM »
You got that right!!  Word is getting out slowly but surely how much fun we have at these events.  I finally got a count and we had 27 people at this event.  That is actually double from last year.  The first two were in district 4 so we will try to have it next year in district two.  Im hoping we can add another ten or so people by then.  Its gonna be tough to beat Buttonwood Campground though.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2011, 04:09:16 PM »
yep.  buttonwood campground was prob one of the nicest campgrounds I have ever been to if not the best campground I have been to.  there is plenty to do there for anyone of any age.  I'll def be at next years no matter where it is.   8)

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2011, 04:51:40 PM »
Anita and I have both stayed at many campgrounds in our separate lives, but on the way home all we talked about was the weekend and the Buttonwood camp. I would'nt mind if it was there next year. Kudoes
to Tim and DJ.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2011, 07:34:42 PM »
Hokey Smokes what a great weekend.
Thanks to Tim and DJ for setting up this event.
I took one of our grandsons along and he had a blast. Thanks Ernie for taking Jordon fishing in your canoe. Thanks Tom P. for rigging Jordon's rod for tube bait and showing him some knots. BigBen, thanks for clean'n Jordon's catfish.
Tim, Ernie and Nathan caught 2, x-large rattlers and brought them back to camp. My hat is off to these guys for a successful hunt and handling mean hombre snakes.
I think the hillbilly award went to Ben when he fillet catfish on the hood of his Bronco. That's some real hillbilly chit there.
Some things to eat at camp this weekend....Bacon, Eggs, hashbrowns, Ben's Smoked Chicken, Clams, Burgers, Itaian Sausage, Venison sticks, Venison Summer Sausage, Fresh Cut French Fries, Homemade Ice Cream and am sure I missed a few goodies.
It was good to see you yahoo's again and a pleasure to meet you new folks. Let's do it again!

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2011, 08:03:55 PM »
Two thumbs up for Tim and DJ for organizing this great event.It was a great campground choice that had plenty to offer for all ages.There was never a dull moment that's for sure.Everyone was very accomadating and it was a pleasure to be part of this group.This is whats its all about.Great people sharing their time  and knowledge of the great outdoors and having lots of fun and excitement in the process. 

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2011, 09:22:36 PM »

I think the hillbilly award went to Ben when he fillet catfish on the hood of his Bronco. That's some real hillbilly chit there.

hey I prefer to be called Appalachian American just for the record.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2011, 09:24:15 PM »
Heres a few pics my wife took:

The Ham that was there

The kids

On the way home