Author Topic: Districts 2 & 4 Camping/Fishing and Relaxing Weekend  (Read 24019 times)

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
Re: Districts 2 & 4 Camping/Fishing and Relaxing Weekend
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2011, 09:51:26 AM »
I was planning on bringing my boat and some fire wood on saturday, but I won't be able to make it. A good friend of mine invited me to his wedding that day...snake hunt sounds like fun

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2011, 12:29:20 PM »
I got a red fox in the freezer if ya want a critter to skin.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2011, 08:47:17 PM »
Spent the morning repairing my canoe and this afternoon I took it for a test spin.  ended up catchin a couple doz gills for bait for the weekend.  plannin on hitting the streams this week as well.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2011, 08:10:31 AM »
Glad you got it fixed Ben.  Sorry for putting my big but in it and making a hole for you.

I will be putting an e-mail out within the next day or two with details for the weekend.  Of course if there are any questions just shoot DJ or I a PM.  Thanks...........Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2011, 09:14:51 AM »
no prob.  I don't know how good the fix is.  but I doubt I will be draggin over rocks too much anymore.  gonna have to get out and ford it over because I think the plastic I welded it with is softer then the original stuff.  all I know is it held for two hours yesterday. 

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2011, 12:05:49 PM »
Ok here is the website for the campground we are staying at,  https://buttonwoodcamp.com/  You can get phone number and directions from this site.  My cell number is 717-649-6822.  Call me if you have any problems or questions or get lost.  Check in is 1:00 pm on Friday and check out is 1:00 pm on Sunday.

All the sites are reserved under my name.  When you get there stop at the office (red barn) and tell them you are with the Tim Deckard group of campers.  Bring your own camping, fishing, hiking, swimming gear and anything else you can think of.  The PPHA will be providing the drinks (non alcoholic) and food.  If you need any special foods you will have to provide your own.  You can also provide your own alcohol if you want.  Please remember this is a family event so we need to keep things in check some what.

I am bringing a canoe and two kayaks that anyone can borrow.  If you have your own and can bring them feel free.

The only thing we really need from others is some firewood and a fire grate to cook on.  If anyone can and wants to bring a grill, griddle or cook stove then thats fine.  We have but im sure a few more would be better.  Here is some of the food items that we are bringing so you know if you don't like you can bring something else.

Chicken, Eggs, Cereal, Hash Browns, Bacon, Breakfast Sausage
Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Sausages (Hot and Mild)
French Fries, Coffee, Bake Potatoes, Smore's, Watermellon
Chicken Wings, Clams, Milk, various drinks (soda, water and tea)
Wild Turkey Breast, Chips and Pretzels

I think we have around 22 people camping the whole weekend and anywhere fro 5 to 10 people coming to visit on Saturday.  The main goal is to have as much fun as possible and stay safe.  See you all at the campground.........Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2011, 02:55:28 PM »
I got some firewood I can bring.  enough to for one night and a cook session. 

Offline Foxhunter1014

• PPHA Members
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2011, 07:33:22 PM »
i can provide some firewood also
Ill quit hunting when the gun is ripped from my cold dead hands.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2011, 09:11:57 PM »
weathers looking good for the weekend now.  some T-storms friday is possible but sat and sun look clear.  got most of my stuff packed just gotta work a few hours tommarow morning and then head north. 

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2011, 12:23:35 AM »
I'll be a little later in the evening, just got home from a 12 hr day, and if I want to be up there in a reasonable hour i've gotta get up and go back around 9am...great haha and i'm packing on the fly! Tim, remind me of the crap i'm supposed to bring during the day...hahahahha
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2011, 07:49:28 AM »
If anyone has any questions or needs me you will have to call my cell phone from this point forward.  Hope to see you all there and have a safe trip........Tim

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2011, 02:49:35 PM »
Have this weekend guys
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2011, 05:55:55 PM »
wow what a weekend.  Came home and crashed for a 5 hr nap and still need some more sleep to catch up.  Thanks to tim and dj for making this happen.  anyone that missed this weekend missed a heck of a good time. 

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2011, 07:23:20 PM »
Ben, Thanks for all the great laughs (mud puddles, bounce pad, peddle cart).  I havn't laughed that hard in a while.  Hope your OK.

I will post pics of the event when I get caught up. 

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2011, 07:43:29 PM »
great weekend guys...great laughs, it is true, I haven't laughed that much in a while...hope to see you all next year
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"