Author Topic: Districts 2 & 4 Camping/Fishing and Relaxing Weekend  (Read 23771 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Districts 2 & 4 Camping/Fishing and Relaxing Weekend
« on: March 30, 2011, 09:43:25 AM »
This years district 2 & 4 Camp weekend will be June 24th, 25th and 26th.  It will be held at the ButtonWood Campground  https://buttonwoodcamp.com/  This campground is in District 4 in a town called Mexico, PA  It is right off rte 322 by Port Royal.  I have temporarily reserved 10 sites.  We can put one large tent per site or two small tents per site.  Each site has a fire ring, picnic table, water and electric.  The sites are about 100 yards from the Juniata River.  There is a ton of stuff there for kids and adults alike.  Again we will be fishing, cooking and just relaxing.  There is a pool for those who want to swim.  And there is horse shoe pits.  The best part is the cost.  $6.00 a person per night if camping in a tent.

I have limited space for camping trailers.  The length of your trailer determines the cost.  Over twenty feet is in the low $40's per night.  Up to twenty is mid 30's a night.  If you are planning on attending and you have a camper, contact me so I can get you a definate price and maybe a better deal.

Remember, you do not have to reside in district 2 or 4 to participate in this event.  We had a blast last year and this year should be even better.  Bring your wife or family also (immediate family only).  Last year we had a couple women and I think five kids.  Please post on hear if you are attending by May 1st  Because I have to confirm with the camp ground exactly how many sites we need.  The PPHA will be picking up the food but as usual, if you have something you would like to share, by all means bring it along.  The only thing I ask is that at least one person in the family is a PPHA member.  Any questions contact DJ aka Critterslayer (D2) or Tim aka lookn4fur (D4). Thanks.....Tim

"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Districts 2 & 4 Camping/Fishing and Relaxing Weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 10:11:48 AM »
i'll be there but prob staying in the truck.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 01:12:18 PM »
Great, had a good time last year. I hope a bunch shows up again. We should have a big and small fish prize. I will test out my one man tent again. Let me know if you need money for a space.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 01:37:53 PM »
Sounds good.  I will probably pay for the sites up front and just collect from you when you get there.  I will keep everyone updated.  I really enjoyed last year and am looking forward to this year.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 02:13:21 PM »
I had a blast last year.  I am sure this year will be no different
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 02:13:45 PM by bigben »
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »
I'm in

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 03:16:08 PM »
We should have a big and small fish prize.

that would be cool.  not sure what kind of water is there though. 

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 03:37:51 PM »
Everything that is in the river.  I asked that question when I went up to look at the site and they said there is definately catfish, carp, small and largemouth, rockbass and on and on.  Looks like better water and cleaner area than the last place but not near as wide.  I will talk to DJ im sure we can come up with something.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 09:25:05 AM »
Big ben
that would be cool.  not sure what kind of water is there though. 
I think is is the same water as the rest of the world. Wet!!  ::)

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »
I was wondering mainly if it was deep or shallow. 

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 11:03:11 AM »
Bigben
I know, just could not pass that statement up.
 :o

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 03:39:27 PM »
On average probably 3 1/2 feet to 4 feet.  Of course there are deeper holes.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 03:54:17 PM »
I figured.  I might head up in may and check it out for myself.   ;D

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 08:37:31 AM »
So Far we have

DJ + 1?
Tim + 2?
Ernie
Hern
BigBen + 1?

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 08:39:27 AM »
it could be bigben +4 depending on who my cousin brings with him.