Author Topic: Districts 2 & 4 Camping/Picnic/Fishing & Outdoor Extravaganza  (Read 19651 times)

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
Re: Districts 2 & 4 Camping/Picnic/Fishing & Outdoor Extravaganza
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2010, 09:31:17 AM »
Bob, including yourself and Tony which are up in the air, it would be a total of 11, including kids that I know for sure that will be coming along. I believe UB might be stopping by during the day, and I forget what exactly Tim had said, but I think Shawn and his two boys might be stoping by for the picnic sat at noon as well. So ballpark i'm looking at 15 people. I'm sure other family members, girlfriends, ect might come along that I do not know about yet so.

Ernie,

What would you use the road flares for? You are more than welcome to bring campfire wood, I know I plan on bringing some from home as well as Tim I believe. I would def bring bug spray, I do not believe you will need a gaf, rain gear is always packed, fire works are def encouraged (I may or may not have some prankster fireworks for the crowd), turtle hooks if you want to set out some lines(Tim and Tony are into that sort of thing, I want to learn more about it), You won't need a lighted fising bobber only because you'll be fishing in some current, and unless you want to re-cast every few mins, I don't think you need'm. I'll rig you up with the rig I use and taught Big Ben to use, its pretty simple and works. Its a sit on the bottom, suspending the bait just above the basin, and when a fish takes your bait, you'll know it without the use of bobbers. Bring along a headlamp, and some wrags to whipe your hands off...thats something I always tell people to bring along fishing. If you or your brother have any delicious campfire eats your more than welcome to bring some of that as well. 
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2010, 09:33:30 AM »
Bob, Sorry if I've already mentioned that the area is great for a canoe in one of our officer meetings, but if I haven't, I noticed I didn't respond to your question a few pages back. So just in case it had slipped my mind, yes bringing a canoe might be worth while. But, all the fishing can be done by wading if you wished to do so.
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2010, 10:06:20 AM »
Thanks DJ
I am, as of now, officially "in"
As long as some unforeseen deterrents don't arise.
I can't seem to figure out what kind of shared food to bring, so I may just bring
a few dozen ears of corn for the group, and some wine.
I will bring the canoe and some stuff to make that fillet'o'garlic-butter dill cream sauce for any fish we would
catch and do up.
I will try to leave early friday morning to get there around noon.

I may be bringing some baggage ( you in george?)
Can't wait!
I think this is going to be a blast!   

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2010, 12:47:22 PM »
I am in gonna be by myself.  I have two quart baggies full of catfish from earlier excursions.  me and my cuz are heading down friday night this week to get some more bigguns for eatin(in case we get skunked friday and saturday night that weekend).  ill bring the fillet knife and board to clean whatever is caught. 

lookn forward to it. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2010, 01:51:30 PM »
I don't have any campfire wood.  Bring it if you have it.  Heck, I may even take my chair and sit in the water while I fish.  That way if I fall off I won't have far to go. ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2010, 01:53:42 PM »
I can throw some wood in the back of the pickup.  I got a bunch by the house that needs burned up since my cuz never came and picked it up. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2010, 04:05:19 PM »
You GOTSTA  bring your hip boots and waders for all of the fish stories being told while you are all fishing together..

Joking put aside...Probably a few Thermocell activated around the group would do everyone well...

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2010, 11:24:12 PM »
yeah i got a thermocell, i'll bring it along...yes, I too can't wait, its going to be a lot of fun. Bob, i'm interested in this fish cooking recipe you've got, and of course the wine...I've probably only ever had like two different kinds of big name wines, all the stuff I've had drank on regular occassions is home made wine, its always fun to see what everyone else makes
              "CritterDone"

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2010, 05:16:38 AM »
bob makes some good wine and that recipe is pretty dern good on trout.  cant wait till I try it on something else.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2010, 05:43:37 AM »
all this week I spent most of my afternoons catching chubs and blugills for bait for this fridays catfishing expedition.  this morning while checking the minnow trap I seen a mink working the edge of the stream.  I was surprised though he didnt care that I was there till I dropped the trap back in the water.  he looked up at the led headlamp and then dove under water and swam right up along the side of the bridge embankment.  I know where some 110 conis are going come december.   ;D

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2010, 11:01:32 AM »
yeah buddy!
              "CritterDone"

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2010, 02:30:31 PM »
Does anyone have a metal grate we can throw over the fire to cook stuff on?  I don't know if there is one at the campsite?
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2010, 05:24:02 PM »
I have one, how big around is the fire pit?

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2010, 10:54:21 AM »
mission accomplished.  we got fish to eat for next weekend.  8)

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2010, 12:41:32 PM »
Holy cat Ben!
Nice work, is anyone bringing a fryer and oil?
I have a zucchini puff recipe thats pretty good
Also a crap load of zucchini in the garden.
This event should've been a week long to fit all the good times and good food in