Author Topic: District 6/6 weekend hunt check in and codes.  (Read 6968 times)

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
District 6/6 weekend hunt check in and codes.
« on: October 24, 2009, 07:47:37 AM »
This is the place to post the photo of your animals and codes.
Our hunters are:
October 24th/25th
predator 77 (myself)
Swarter2
Scott
October 31st/Nov. 1st
mountainfox
deer tag
longhair
Nov. 7th/8th
bigben
coyotejeff
foxtrot
war_nrg
Nov.14th/15th
richie r.
justin f.
muttbuster
leglifter
Nov. 21st/22nd
edhunts5
archerobx.
nov.28th/29th
None.

Thanks to all the hunter that signed up for this hunt. Remember to post your results even if you havested nothing by 10pm on the sunday for the weekend you've chosen. Good luck and stay safe. Ian

Code for opening weekend is holding your index finger up to represent the number 1. Make this visible in your pic along with your animals.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 10:58:33 AM by 220_Woody »
FayetteNam

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: District 6/6 weekend hunt check in and codes.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 08:45:10 AM »
Ian,

I did not make it out to Predator hunt last night due to the weather.  So, no pics to post.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »
i skinned the fox before i took the pictures, hope he still counts. 

fox and raccoon

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 04:09:03 PM »

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 07:32:44 PM »
One fox.
FayetteNam

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 01:05:16 PM »
The 2nd weekend code for the district 6 hunt (Oct. 31st and Nov. 1st) is the words trick or treat on a piece of paper with your animals. Stay safe out there and hope to see some pictures. Remember to post on the board by 10pm this Sunday even if you havested nothing. Thanks guys!
FayetteNam

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 01:28:38 PM »
GO GET'EM BOYS!!!

good luck and be safe out there this weekend ;)
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline DEER TAG

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 06:04:56 PM »
Only made 8 sets this weekend called one grey with on shots taken .  :-[

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 06:10:13 PM »
Since no one is scheduled to hunt the last weekend 11/28-29.  Maybe we use it as a braggin rights weekend.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 08:31:05 PM »
Nothing for me this weekend as far as fur is concerned. Calamities wise......well, you know how that goes. Last night I didn't see any eyes at all. Heck, didn't even see any deer. ??? Today I was informed that my presence was needed at my mother in laws house to do predatory work before the contractor showed up tomorrow. :( By the time I was done, it"s dark. So, I did a driveby the area. Full moon and deer all over the place. :o But as I sat down to make this post, I just realized that I have something more important(maybe not more important, but it is certinly a discomfort) to do than going hunting....... dig'n spilters out of an area that requires a mirror. :P
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline mountainfox

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • '09-10 Bobcat
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 09:17:49 PM »
Made it out this weekend...no "confirmed" eyes other than deer both nights, and a rabbit last night.  Thought I saw eyes @ one stand last night, was to quick to get a shot off.  Hated having  a full moon this weekend  >:(

Good luck on the splinters LH
~mountainfox

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 06:49:28 AM »
Good Job! fellas. So far Scott is still the leader with 4 points. Swarter, we can hunt the sixth week for no points since there is no one scheduled fo the last week.
FayetteNam

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 06:25:09 PM »
The code for the weekend (your weekend) of Nov.7th & 8th is three fingers raised, index, middle and ring finger (either hand) along with your visible animals.
FayetteNam

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 07:55:34 PM »
best of luck to bigben, coyotejeff, foxtrot, war_nrg this weekend!! shoot straight and have a blast gents..... ;D
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 05:19:55 PM »
  well with the light fading I would say that allthough I had a great weekend of calling.  I have no fur.  I only got out during this hunt on saturday morning.  hern came down for some coyote action.  we made two stands before he had to head back north home.  seen nothing got nothing on saturday.  around noon time though I told dad I was gonna go up to the cabin for some turkey hunting.  dad decided to come on along with me.  I took my time walking down the road and ended up seeing a pretty nice buck.  a lot of squirrels and two grouse.  as my rear was getting cold from sitting on a mountian stone I decided to get up and head back to the truck.

on the way back there it was.  orange, grey, and white fur along with a bushy tail is what I saw.  He was working his way along the same grown in logging road I was walking on.  I hunkered down and waited till it got closer.  Finally as I pulled my gun up I drew a bead on him.  He knew something was wrong and stopped looking right at me.  I clicked the safety off and boom.  I walked on up and there he lay.

he was the first Fox Squirrel I have ever shot and figured it was time.  what?  did you think it was a grey fox?  anyhow I got back to the truck carrying my prize.  I could not get out hunting last night because of a prior commitment so I did not get out at all last night.  allthough friday night before the district 6 hunt was very productive.  I wasn't going to take my uncle to my local spots but rather take him to the SGL's around the area.  but I figured hey hopefully we can produce something that should get him hooked on to predator hunting.

My one uncle has been asking me to go fox hunting for a while now.  so I called him up friday afternoon on the way home and asked him if he wanted to hunt that night.  I met up with him and we rolled out to the first field.  I had just talked to the farmer earlier that day and he was telling me about all the reds he has been seeing.  We parked the truck and the wind was allmost non existant.  it was coming from the north and that is odd.  I do not have very many fields that offer a great setup with a northern wind but we made do.  We walked to a intersection of three different types of fields.  both of us scannin I started squeaking.  within a dozen squeeks I hear a faint theres one.  I look at my uncles light beam and there it is a set of coal red eyes bouncing down through the field.  he kept coming towards us.  and then finally he did it.  he stopped.  dang.  so I squeeked a bit more and then he started heading for a woods line that was off to the right of him.  he made the woods line and then once he got there he sat down again.  at 200yds away it is a pretty good poke.  without being able to confirm the animal we kept calling.  with every pass of the light there he was.  still sitting still.  I tired my darndest to get him to work his way closer.  nothing.  it finally ended up about 25 minutes later he turned and walked into the woods. 

stand #2 was not as productive.  as we were walking in I seen a pari of eyes.  I figured two small coons that were working the stream side of a pasture field.  I started squeeking and the pair of eyes started working their way closer.  the way they were walking I started to think they were deer.  I told my uncle to scan the field awile and I would keep trying to work whatever these eyes were.  once they got within 100 yds you could see their ears.  definately deer.  the rest of the stand was a bust and ended with some guy spotting nailing us full force with a spotlight.  and not only that but keeping it on us until they could no longer hit us with the light as they traveled 10 mph down the road.

stand#3 we pulled into and the farmer was just finishing milking.  he comes out and askes did ya get anything last night?  I replied back with I wasn't hunting last night.  he said that must have been another out fox hunting.  so now I am looking at a farm that I can normally do three stands on that has been called last night.  the farmer then states that the others claimed to have killed a fox their last year.  hmmm I was told that I was the only one but oh well.  I told my uncle it was up to him.  he said do you think we will call on in?  I said I wouldn't have brought ya here if I did not think I couldn't call one in.  so we walk to the one end of a field.  as we get setup it looks like we are looking at a standing corn field.  without checking it out earlier that day I couldn't tell with just shining a light on it.  I start squeaking again.  sure nuff within a minute there is a set of eyes working his way down the corn stalks.  whatever it was never came out of the stalks.  I imagine it was a red fox they way he was acting but without showing himself it wasn't that easy.  I did some light calling of the bunny blues and I noticed my uncles light stopped scanning and was apparently following something.  as I noticed the light beam moving closer I just kept scanning.  well about that time my uncle says aren't you going to shoot?  I said shoot what.  I focused my attention to where his red light was and sure nuff 75 yds away is a red sitting just watching.  I bring the hornet up pull back the hammer and as I was about to drop it mr red decides he has had enough and bolts.  I squeaked a few times to get him to stop.  which he did but as soon as I got him in the scope off he goes again. 

The next 3 stands proved to be nothing.  the moon came out and allthough not full it felt like day time out in the fields.  my uncle said about heading home and I said it was up to him.  he said fine by me.  as we were on our way home it was still aparent that the wildlife was out runnin around still.  about a half mile down the road from our last stand were three deer.  a mom and two smaller does.  I imagine her fawns.  as we watched em walk across the road in front of us my uncle started moving again and out bolts a big ol furred up grey.  he was running across the road from one corn field to the other.  thing was there was nothing around but acres upon acres of corn.  no woods at all.

so I had a good weekend seeing critters wise.  only one shot fired.  allthough I should have had that red on friday night.  I asked my uncle what he though and he said it was cool.  within a minute of his first stand we called that red in.  when I first seen him come bouncing across that field I thought he was gonna come right in and eat out of our hands.  it was like he hit the end of his chain though.  so that is three reletives now I got hooked on predator hunting in the last two weeks.  hmm I might need to get me some more farms at this rate. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”