Author Topic: pups  (Read 4127 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
pups
« on: April 02, 2011, 10:47:18 PM »
That coyote I trailed to a den earlier.....well she has pups now I don't know how many  but I saw one and his little eyes were open..I think I will hang it up for awhile.. 8)

uncle buck

Re: pups
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 11:02:15 PM »
Good info...2 April and pups already... Me too..I think I'm going to start chuck hunting unless the Yote Phone Rings!!!!!And it will too..It always does!!!!

Offline RyanX

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 06:46:56 AM »
When do coyotes have pups?

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 05:36:42 PM »
I can't tell you when the pups are born but I can tell you when they start to eat meat (Protein)...The adult coyotes start to kill sheep and fawn in May into June... That is the time to get out there and kill those deer eating coyotes if you want to save some of the deer herd...

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 03:00:35 PM »
Saw my first fawn of the year today...doe dropped him between my friends house and his pond...basically in his yard..

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 01:51:54 AM »
gestation period for coyotes is approx 60 days...can breed anytime between Jan-Feb maybe early March...so about now they should be birthing, opening their eyes in 14 days, and starting to eat some solid foods after 3 weeks, but will nurse from mother sometimes up to 10 weeks
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline RyanX

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 07:59:45 AM »
So would you recommended using coyote pup in distress or fawn in distress in may and june?

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 09:22:27 AM »
I'd try fawn first and pup second, in case they're not hungry with the fawn distress, the pup distress should appeal to their parental protective behavior

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 02:54:41 PM »
I have had good success with fawn distress in June. Never tried pup distress but it's on my "to do" list. Should be out there hunting yotes, but busy chasing gobblers. Got one down this morning and one more to go.