Author Topic: coyote or not.. sure looks big  (Read 2762 times)

Offline wildcat

coyote or not.. sure looks big
« on: February 03, 2011, 09:19:35 PM »
these are a few pics from my dads trail cam in ohio.  pic #1 im sure is a coyote  #2 looks an awful lot like a coyote #3 looks like a coyote just big around the neck and he has a large head also.  all three pics are taken within 7 minutes of each other.  Im sure its two different dogs the last one just has me guessing though.  what do you guys think?

BTW none of the neighbors have dogs that even look close to this, nor has this critter been seen during the day.  I had read a post on here where UB was talking about a book that had coyote identification based on leg length or something like that. but i cant seem to find it.

Ive spent a lot of money on fast bikes, pretty women and alcohol.... The rest i just wasted!

uncle buck

Re: coyote or not.. sure looks big
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:30:15 AM »
They look like coyotes to me.. Now the important thing is the time on the camera.. Looks like if someone was hunting in that area prior to the 1:00 AM times on the clock..they could pop one without even calling...read that in I think Predator Extreme use trail cams to see what time they are feeding and then be in those spots at the times they are eating the bait piles..
Never owned any cameras but the more I think about trail cams for recording when predators are feeding.. I like that for that kind of info you can get and use it to set up in that time frame on the next night etc etc etc..

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:06:40 AM »
it looks like a coyote pair to me.  1st one is probably the female, second and third are the same dog.  looks like a big male. 

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 11:38:44 AM »
Pic #3 is probably the alpha male.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2