Author Topic: Things I notice about todays deer hunters.  (Read 5354 times)

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Things I notice about todays deer hunters.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 05:46:39 PM »
Rent A Farmer who don't own the farm but farm it for widow farmers....They tell the Widow only they can hunt deer on her land.  No one else....Figure they do give her the share of the money from the crop....However they are making money on the crop too....This be the greedy Rent A Farmer. Figures all the deer are eating his crops so he and his can kill every last one of them...Wonder what the husband of the widow would think of how his exwife is being manipulated by the Rent A Farmer.

Knew the widows husband way back to 25 years ago. He would be telling the Rent A Farmer just Where To Stick His Crops! Also To Don't Let The Cattle Gate Hit Him In the Butt On The Way Out Too!

Funny Rent A Farmer lives in a house along the road and only has 1/2 acre of his own land.

I have never heard anyone call any kind of farmer gready. That takes some big ones. Farmers are lucky to be breaking even right now.

I'm sure the widow will let you rent the farm and control the hunting, just pay her more than the guy is now.

I have a "farmer" in my area.
I know the land owner and the person that farms the land is not the owner.
I contacted the owner because I noticed no trespassing signs going up all over the property.
He told me not to worry about it, thats just the person that rents the rights to farm the land....they dont own the land, only rent the farming rights.
I stay out of there when theres crops or I skirt along the edge, never going into unharvested crops.

I hunted deer there this year for the first time (on the second monday of all days)
About 8 am I hear a cough coming in behind me.....I turn, and walk out to talk to 2 individuals coming through the field behind me (its blocked by a wood row)
They ask if I have permission...I said yep, they asked who, I told them the owners name, and they said ok...
I asked why they were trespassing to ask if I had permission, and was told the farmer gave them permission. And he said only his friends may hunt there.
Well I told them I suggest they call the land owner, because the only thing the farmer has, is the right to farm it, no dictate who can hunt there.
They were both friendly, and I informed them of other vehicles I drive as to not come out and ask if I have permission again if one of my trucks are down there.
Havent had any issues since.

Oh and btw....Farmers arent broke...I come from a long history in family farming. I'm not saying farmers are rich, but they surely arent lining up at the soup kitchen
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 06:45:43 PM »
Sure they would'nt mess with you!!
I can hear it now as they walked away...
"Did you see the size of that big bald headed !@#$% ???"

uncle buck

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 08:47:40 PM »
Rent A Farmer who don't own the farm but farm it for widow farmers....They tell the Widow only they can hunt deer on her land.  No one else....Figure they do give her the share of the money from the crop....However they are making money on the crop too....This be the greedy Rent A Farmer. Figures all the deer are eating his crops so he and his can kill every last one of them...Wonder what the husband of the widow would think of how his exwife is being manipulated by the Rent A Farmer.

Knew the widows husband way back to 25 years ago. He would be telling the Rent A Farmer just Where To Stick His Crops! Also To Don't Let The Cattle Gate Hit Him In the Butt On The Way Out Too!

Funny Rent A Farmer lives in a house along the road and only has 1/2 acre of his own land.

I have never heard anyone call any kind of farmer gready. That takes some big ones. Farmers are lucky to be breaking even right now.

I'm sure the widow will let you rent the farm and control the hunting, just pay her more than the guy is now.

No this is not a 100 % Pa Farmer...the guy lives in a house on 1/3 acre...He uses their barn, equipment...He's a rent a farmer..