Author Topic: Question from another site abour regulations on furbearers  (Read 4856 times)

Offline yotehunter74

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.sfcustompredatorcalls.com
Re: Question from another site abour regulations on furbearers
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 08:03:15 PM »
Mutt,

the portion of the laying in wait cant be used if they have no means of harvesting the animal. if they are there sitting with no weapon, and not calling they are fine. if I go out and sit in the woods to see what walks by, i am simply sitting... not laying in wait...

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 08:57:55 AM »
But anyone, any license holder, anytime can take a potshot at a Coyote....LOL
Be watch'n for deer...shoot at Coyote
Be groundhog'n.........shoot at Coyote
Bear season,
Small game seaon
Call'n Fox
bothTurkey seasons
walk'n and plink'n
or Train'n hounds...........shoot at Coyote, without question.

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 09:08:48 AM »
We actually found where the reg changes came into effect....upon speaking to Buckwheat
there was a press release Sept 10th (dont quote the date  ;D)
Release #095-09 which states:

Since only properly licensed hunters may take part in the hunt, and since the agency is awarding only a limited number of bobcat permits and elk licenses, the guide permit enables those who receive a bobcat permit or elk license to take someone along to participate in the hunt without violating the law.

Whether this is only a statement or an actual reg change is beyond me....we will have to wait til Title 58 is revised to see if the wording changes are in there.

Maybe this is something we as the PPHA can look into in an attempt to define more clearly what constitutes a guide rather than the broad blanket policy it seems to have been covered with.
As it has been brought to my attention, if we do this....we need to be careful as well how we word things as we dont want to open the door (or close it more than anything) on another part of hunting.

George brought up a very good point that if we say "well I dont need a doe permit to take my son or friend doe hunting" that we could shoot ourselves in the foot, as we now opened the door for them to say...ok fine "anyone helping in a doe hunt, must have the proper antlerless tags" creating more regulations thus causing more problems rather than fixing one.
THIS IS SPARTA!!