Author Topic: Coyote or Dog  (Read 1047 times)

Offline seanthefreak

• PPHA Members
Coyote or Dog
« on: February 04, 2012, 05:24:35 PM »
My friend lives in a populated area near a little park.  I took my ki-yi up there last year and used it as a mouse squeaker.  I called in 3 grey fox that night.  He told me to bring them up again cause he hasnt seen a fox since.  It was 1230 a.m. on thur. night.  I hit the mouse squeaker about 3 times in 20 mins, nothing came.  I was leaving about 20 minutes later and shined the light in the yard to see if there were any deer in there.  There was a large dog in the yard, reminded me of a golden retriever, like a silver color, scared the crap out of me.  I think it was a coyote, but would it be large like a retriever or smaller sized.  I never predator hunted but i have all the calls, i think it was my first coyote, but im not sure, is there a howl or mating call i could use to try to get it to come back, dont want to overuse the squeaker. 

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Coyote or Dog
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 09:55:59 PM »
Was the yard you saw the dog in downwind of your calling location?Its hard to say but coyotes are good at doing what we think is unusual but after you get to know them a little you expect the unexpected.