Author Topic: Should I feel flattered?  (Read 1055 times)

uncle buck

Should I feel flattered?
« on: January 08, 2011, 08:40:52 PM »
Three years ago I figure I get some additional hunting land in another county near by...I visited two properties both said yes...Then came the day that I was going to hunt the property...I called the one person said they changed their mind.. They have sheep...They figure that my calling would make the coyotes come in to my calling and then start commence to kill all of their sheep after I departed.. The other name I called allowed me to hunt but said that the neighbor across the street felt my calling would call the coyotes.. I assured him that this would not happen. Friday I was going to hunt in this county again..Now figure three years have passed since I was told by one yes and the other had a change of heart... I called the guy that let me hunt and this is what he said to me..  "Personally I have no problem with you hunting coyotes here."
"However My neighbor told me that he better not let me hunt there and have the coyotes come in later and kill all of their sheep because my calling would call them in and then they would commence to kill their sheep!" He told me "to keep the peace and not make the neighbor mad he would not allow me to hunt predators there anymore." Of course when this happen I never argue with the person...After all it's their land and they have a right to let you hunt or not to hunt... However I felt bad for the guy that did allow me to hunt at first but now was swayed by what the women neighbor said to him.  Here you have a neighbor telling him what he can and can't do...So I do feel real flattered now....My calling is so good that every coyote in this county will come to my calling.. Once I leave they will commence to kill every critter in that immediate area.  I do like it better when they, the land owners who speaks with authority just tells me..."No You Can't Hunt Here!"  As we all know when the coyotes in the area decide to kill their sheep.. They are going to do just that kill the sheep no Pied Piper will bring them in to start the carnage..
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:50:48 PM by uncle buck »