Author Topic: Lights  (Read 2618 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Lights
« on: November 19, 2009, 08:44:58 AM »
in the predator industy the advancements in technology have been with callers and camo.  the lighting industry has not done much to advance their products.  has anybody looked at lights for bicycles, they seem to have a lot of advancements.   they are lightweight with a lot of power.   google bicycle lights and let me know what you think. 

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
Re: Lights
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 10:45:21 PM »
scott...don't know much bout bicycle lights...but I will tell you this...Tony and I had bought the 3.5 million candlepower light made by cyclops...hal bulb already in it, the whole nine...they're just equiped with a cig lighter adapter for your truck...so we cut the adapter off, and crimped on the connectors needed to be placed on our 12v 8 amp battery that we bought at battery warehouse...we place the battery in a fanny pack, and the light is super light with a bungee cord to the light...this set up works all night, usually from 9-5am from what we've hunted, never dims, and the 3.5 million candles never seem to bother the critters...everything cost about 60-70 dollars...I wouldn't buy one of those lightforce lights or any high dollar lights over my home made one at this point....if you want to give it a try I can get you links to all the parts you need...or anyone else thats interested...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 10:57:48 PM »
I remember as a kid there use to be bicycle light that was illuminated by a small generator...As the tire turned it turned a a knurled wheel in a small generator which lit the light as you peddled...Kind of high teck for 1958.......I have yet to see a predator hunter light that will remain lit as one walks back and forth to their stand because of the movement of both of your legs....

Nitelite corp......I send them recommendations all the time and it seems like they just want to take care of the coon hunters with dogs....Nylon hunting suits that are OK for coon hunters but should be silent for the predator hunters not to spoke the game.  Lights....I truly don't want to get into putting all the things that should be incorporated into the true predator hunting light... Saw an article in predator hunting magzine...Things we discuss on here...The author put it in the magazine like he discovered it...

Mum the word when you post on the web...Anything you post about...Inventions etc etc etc....usually ends up in some predator hunting article down the road in many of the national magazines...I wonder if they laugh all the way to the bank.
Maybe just maybe if you have a desire to market a predator hunting item....Best to keep it to yourself or um let see it might show up in one of the National hunting magazines in the near future...  

However your right looks like it might be better to become a bike rider instead of a predator hunter when it comes to new types of equipment....

« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 10:58:51 PM by uncle buck »

Offline DAVID1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 12:20:24 PM »
I second the cyclops light . Some think its to bright.

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 12:05:51 AM »
Critterslayer51 Have you came up with any way to mount the light on your gun yet ?  Or even onto a shooting stick or tripod ?
PPHA District 3

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 05:42:45 AM »
I haven't attached the light to my gun or shooting sticks yet, mostly due to the fact that i'm almost always hunting with a partner...placing scope mounts on the light or have it hang under the barrel i'm sure wouldn't be that hard to rig up...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 09:15:49 PM »
I just had a phone conversation with an old calling friend.  Sometimes just doing that and telling them of being busted by coyotes with a certain light will end up rewarding for you when they give you their two cents on how to correct.....Such was the case this evening....So......we are always learning....Lights.....if you could master the lights? Then you have made great advancements in predator calling......

So when you get busted call a friend...Hope it's because you missed a coyote and not were picked up for using illegal drugs!!!!!!