Author Topic: 25$ bounty??????  (Read 6462 times)

Offline archery22-250

25$ bounty??????
« on: December 18, 2013, 11:20:25 PM »
ok law is passed... what counties does it include all of PA. ? AND WHERE DO U TAKE THESE YOTES?   i see post on computer but nothing about  regs
take ur kid hunting

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: 25$ bounty??????
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 05:56:55 AM »
It passed the house but not yet voted on by the senate, nor has it been put on the Govoners desk to be signed into law....
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 06:09:01 AM »
if passed i will bet the GC takes coyotes out of season during the pa deer season. 

this may also change the 24/7 365. 

Offline archery22-250

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 08:02:40 AM »
as i read an read the hunting regs on coyotes.. it says no closed season on them.. but on another page it says no hunting them during big game season.. this mean i cant hunt them at night or day during deer  ,bear  seasons?
it is alittle confusing
when i went up to sullivan county this year for bear.. we had permission from a local couple to coyote hunt.. i didnt take my stuff up for them cause i thought u couldnt hunt them in big ame season.. i read post that says different.. guess i will have to contact the local warden to make sure??
take ur kid hunting

Offline Bigcat

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 09:13:03 AM »
if passed i will bet the GC takes coyotes out of season during the pa deer season. 

this may also change the 24/7 365.

Why would they do that. I thought there reason behind the bounty is to try and get the population down. I also read somewhere they estimated around 40,000 killed last year and the $700,000 would only pay for 28,000. So what is this really gonna do?
Home D-5
Camp D-3

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 12:57:13 PM »
Archery 22-250,  Yes, you can hunt coyotes during big game season.  However, there are Orange requirements if hunting them during the day.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 08:00:31 PM »
As misterjake has said it has not been voted on by the senate or gotten to the governor yet. I for one am not worried about it yet. I've seen lots of bills come out of the house of reps and not make it thru the senate. We all know our politicians do some crazy stuff, so I'm taking the wait and see approach...Rick
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 09:03:45 PM »
If you read the bill, it says that the commission "may" create and pay a bounty
It doesn't say it "shall"
Therefore, even if passed it will be up to the commission to determine if a bounty is needed or not and if they will take it on.

THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 09:52:16 PM »
I really hope its not passed an if it is i hope the commission doesnt take it on.

Offline chiefz28

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 07:59:05 PM »
i dont know any hunter out there that needs an incentive to shoot any coyote the see.  For most just to harvest a coyote is reward enough. Seems like a waste of the states money,you have how many coyote hunts over the next couple months that pay out $$$ whicht brings out thousnads of hunters.

Offline nortpete

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
    • French Creek Calls and Taxidermy
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 10:37:46 PM »
This sounds like a good first stand for our legislative committee. If you try to eradicate coyotes they will be able to sense there population decline and will mass produce themselves. A breeding pair of coyotes can have up to 19 pups in a litter twice a year.
Nick
Crawford County
French Creek Calls & Taxidermy
www.frenchcreekcalls.com

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 09:26:34 AM »
This sounds like a good first stand for our legislative committee. If you try to eradicate coyotes they will be able to sense there population decline and will mass produce themselves. A breeding pair of coyotes can have up to 19 pups in a litter twice a year.
I agree with Pete...nature has it's way with this predator...the more you take from them the more thier push back..lets just keep them in check..cause we all know we're never take them outta the pool...
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 11:18:21 AM »
If everyone calls or emails the state senators from your district with your opinions and concerns that would help the situation greatly.
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 08:57:04 PM »
We need our officers and the legislative committee to do more than "Wait and see" and chat on this forum.  I will do whatever they want to do but do you thing PA politicians are going to listen to a Jersey voice when they won't listen to you guys?  Dick
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 09:12:31 PM »
What exactly do you want the legislative committee to do papa1?
This isn't a discussion on the table at a game commission meeting, it's set to go before the state senate sometime after they come back to work tomorrow. I know jake and I have both already made phone calls as have other members of the PPHA is reguards to being opposed to the bill. What else can we do?
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff