Author Topic: 28 hour day  (Read 1253 times)

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
28 hour day
« on: October 21, 2012, 06:22:17 PM »
Well my first night of predator hunting went pretty well for the most part.

I woke up at 7am Friday morning to take my youngest to school. Then doctors apointment @ 945. I usually take a nap before work at 3. Worked from 3-1105. Took a quick shower at work before I headed out to the fields. Made my first by 1230. Last one was at 4am. Drove an hour and half to ontelaunee lake to duck hunt. Hunted until 830. Drove another 1.5 hrs home. Talked to my family for an hour I think. Next thing I know I woke up at 2pm in my bed. But it was enough sleep to get me out for muzzle loader and one stand for predator.

Now to the hunting part. The first farm I went to Saturday morning I saw a coon crossing the about 15 yds behind the truck. Dang it!!! As I got my gear on and put my kill light on my 835. I scanned the field again and catch more eyes in the field. I quick threw a shell in the gun and put on the kill light, holy Moses is that bright. It was a red crossing about 50yds out. I got to stop with a lip squeak at the corn. I let the 835 roar but the fox took off before I completed the trigger pull. Confirmed I missed. By tracking the foot prints in the mud. I went to the neighboring for about 30 mins with no eye showing.  I drove around to the other side of the farm, about a mile. As I came around the corner I saw a car on the with a young lady looking at the front end of her car. She hit a deer and blew out the radiator. I stayed with her for about an hour and a half until police got there. I made one more stand after before going duck hunting. Nothing showed
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Musky73

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Re: 28 hour day
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »