Author Topic: 22 Mag in Allegheny County  (Read 2697 times)

Offline melsdad

• Junior Forum Member
    • Traditional Muzzleloading Association
22 Mag in Allegheny County
« on: November 08, 2010, 10:52:09 PM »
I just want to verify this information. If I'm reading this correctly I can now hunt with a .22 rimfire in Allegheny County (2B). In the past, the digest always stated "no rimfire rifles in Allegheny County"

This is taken from page 83 of the digest.

Small Game, Huntable Furbearers & Crows: Manually operated or semi-automatic shotguns plugged to a 3-shell capacity; manually operated
.22 caliber or less rimfire rifles and handguns; and bows and arrows. Lawful While Trapping: Manually operated .22 caliber or less rimfire
rifles and handguns, except as noted under specific “Furtaking” regulations elsewhere in the Digest. For small game in WMUs 2B, 5C & 5D, 250
square inches of fluorescent orange on the head, chest and back at all times is required. Hunters after furbearers and crows do not need to wear
fluorescent orange. Woodchuck hunters must wear a solid fluorescent cap on the head visible 360 degrees.
>>>------Brian------>

''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''

- John Wayne

District 6

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: 22 Mag in Allegheny County
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 10:58:19 PM »
Yes you are correct. I talked to the PGC and they told me 22 cal is fine. I use a 17hmr in Allegheny county because a 22 will bounce off of rocks  and a 17 will frag.
President PPHA

Offline melsdad

• Junior Forum Member
    • Traditional Muzzleloading Association
Re: 22 Mag in Allegheny County
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 11:27:27 PM »
Thanks for clarifying that for me Muttbuster. I haven't shot my mag in a few years now. I'll have to take it to the range, and see where it's at on paper.
>>>------Brian------>

''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''

- John Wayne

District 6