Author Topic: 2 Stands Tonight  (Read 1099 times)

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
2 Stands Tonight
« on: October 30, 2010, 11:25:57 PM »
I was able to make 2 stands tonight after hanging in a tree.  The first stand I saw a pair of in what I thought was an adjacent field but what ever it was was actually in a tree.  Never saw climb down or fly off.  Oh well.  I did have a coyote barking before I saw the eyes.  The second stand proved to be better.  As I was walking passed the freshly cut corn field I caught eyes in the field.  Deer were feeding in the field and didn't spook.  Which made me feel good about the hunt ahead.  As I was passing the pond on the property I heard something in a tree.  A ring tail.  Easy shot.  Yeah right I thought the first shot would have blown it out of the tree.  Nope just broke the back legs.  The thing hung for dear life and made its way around to the other side of the tree.  Loaded another round  got to the other side and that shot did the trick.  I collected up my prize and left it in the path and continued around to the other side of the pond and set up the caller.  I started with lightning jack for 1-2mins and got eyes just inside the wood line.  It was a red.  It came charging in after I switched to squealing vole, but did not offer a clean shot.  So I came home with the ring tail and I'll post the pic tomorrow in the D4 hunt listing.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff