Author Topic: District 2 Hunt this weekend!!!  (Read 11986 times)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: District 2 Hunt this weekend!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 02:47:01 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 03:41:07 PM »
"If anyone does come, I will be inside watching the game, ring the door bell and they'll let you in! "

Rep

Maybe I will get the rifle out and dust it off. 8) D2 had a crow hunt last winter and I was the only entry, so I won!!!!!  Stiff competition I know ::) but if the above post indicates anything I need to shoot something with fur on it... ;D and I will win again.. :o :o

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 04:08:03 PM »
Ya never know jaspr1 but the fox kill has been good this year for events.  I wouldn't be happy at one.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 04:10:58 PM »
the weather looks to suck for this weekend though.  prob gonna be windy as all get out to make it miserable.  I plan to hunt whenever the weather is decent.  definitely heading out fri night no matter what.  but not sure what my plans are for on sat and sun morn.  sat morn I am gonna try to go flintin but the deer in this area are harder to find then the fox are.  so that might go to the back burner. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 09:26:24 AM »
i'll be hunting friday night, and probably at least sunday am...but sunday afternoon is for football, especially my beloved EAGLES  :o hopefully a few fox are stacked in my favor by then...if not...there are plenty of other contests to win in the ppha yet to happen  ;D
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 09:27:15 AM »
I think we might have lucked out this weekend.  we got snow now and no wind tonight.  supposed to be breezy tommarow but oh well.  gonna hit it hard tonight.  hoping to get some fur down.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 12:06:36 PM »
same here Ben...got a new beagle club to hit up tonight...pretty excited
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 12:15:44 PM »
only problem now is i was up last night till 11 playin cod black ops and got up this mornin at 4 and am dog tired.  aughhh. 

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 01:46:12 PM »
You sissy!!
I woke up at 6am monday, went to Clarion and hunted for cats till 4am slept for an hour
and drove to Woodland, ran beaver traps and scouted till 7pm, slept from 9:30pm to 11:00pm hunted with Jeff till 6am
then drove 2 and 1/2 hours home and slept till noon.
Thats 6 hours of sleep in 3 days and I'm twice your age!!!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 04:48:34 PM »
and whats your point?  I need 8 hours of sleep.  doesnt help I will be up till midnight tonight.  then tommarow morn gonna be hunting deer all day.  dont get me wrong I have pulled weekends that I slept for 6hours total till monday but it makes for a crappy day at work.   

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 04:50:38 PM »
Leglifter
 I see there are now Sissy's even in this sport ? To tired, boy o boy that is a good one. Next it will be I have a broken finger nail.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:52:12 PM by Buckwheat »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 05:32:16 PM »
now hold on a minute.  I do believe I will have to get jon to back me up on this one but wasn't it you guys "ernie and jeff" that were eating while the JV team was out busting primers on fur during the northcentral hunt.  after saying you were gonna clean our clock?  Then when you did go out you came back shortly there after?  and then blamed it on the fog?  please.   ::)  you got to be kidding me. 

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 05:48:05 PM »
Bigben
Would I kid you? I would type more but my finger nail hurts.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 06:48:09 PM »
" if anyone does come".....D2 original post...can't you people read? they don't expect anyone to come, so stay home where you belong! >:( I know where there is a three legged ,one eyed, mangy fox that I plan on winning with... ;D

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 08:11:22 PM »
Too late i done did called that one in and put him down.