Author Topic: District 6/6 weekend hunt check in and codes.  (Read 6926 times)

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: District 6/6 weekend hunt check in and codes.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 05:40:03 PM »
Hunted Saturday night made 6 stands . Seen eyes at 2 at the stands but no shot. Going back out again now for the last few Hr.s of my weekend so with luck I can close the deal.
PPHA District 3

Offline war_nrg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 07:11:46 PM »
Nothing for me this weekend, heard em, saw em but too far out on Friday night.  Didnt take my hip boot to forge the creek, big mistake!  Last night went out till the moon came up, nothing but deer.  Looking forward to next weekend with little to no moon. 
Cheers,
Bill

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 09:53:09 PM »
Got one and saw many more pictures and stories in the works.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 08:59:51 AM »
4. Your hunt will begin on 12:01am Sat. morning and pictures must be posted in the District 6/6 week hunt results topic (that will be provided on the opening day) by 10pm Sun night.
Pics must be posted by 10pm on the Sunday of your hunt. Sorry foxtrot. I would still like to hear the story and see the pics though.
FayetteNam

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 11:23:05 PM »
Sorry,but I'm not familiar with the procedure for posting pictures,should have that worked out tomorrow night.Anyway I'll give you the run down of the weekend.Saturday morning BIG FAT O.Hunted the mountains with no results.Saturday night hunted farm land.Started early before the moon came up but things didn't start to happen till about the time the moon came up,go figure.
 9:30pm Joined by one of my hunting buddies we set up at the edge of a big open field in a grassy fencerow after a couple minutes a fox barked way off in the distance,continued calling and the barking grew ever closer,soon eyes were visible at about 300 yards at about 50 yards he stops ,not willing to come any closer.I decide to take the shot with the 17,pull the trigger and CLICK NO FIRE.Fox is last seen at about 100yards,seeya.
 I won't waste words on the unsuccessful hunts,I guess that depends on your definition.
 10:15pm set up in a grassy fencerow on top of a hill overlooking a small hollow.Started calling and soon my partner sees eyes coming from his direction and I see eyes coming in the back door.The one at the back stops at 20 yards trigger pulled CLICK NO FIRE here we go again pull hammer pack another no fire.After doing an equipment check it is determined that the safety that I never use was engaged which allows the hammer to drop but the firing pin does not make contact.
 10:45pm set up down over a steep bank off the road as a spotlighter drives by shining the field we were about to hunt.We decided to give it a shot. We called for some time not seeing anything as another spotlighter approached  we heard the grass moving to our right and as the bright light hit our area we watched as a red runs in high gear across the field.Seeya
 There is more to this story but with success like this and lack of sleep I can't even figure out how to post a picture.Good night.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 05:20:19 PM »
This weekends code is the words "PPHA 09" on a piece of paper clearly displayed with your animals.  Your hunt begins Sat at 12:01am and will end with Sunday evening. Your pictues must be posted by 10pm Sunday evening in order for your points to count. Good luck and have a safe hunt. Ian
FayetteNam

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 05:24:09 PM »
Good luck to all ;)

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 08:03:01 AM »
knock'em down guys!!! best of luck and be safe out there!!  ;D
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 06:38:43 PM »
No harvest for me.
Just got back from Renova and had all intention of going out till 9 or so.
The wife's stink eye put a damper on that idea.

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 07:39:49 PM »
OK. This will be the last weekend for our hunt. No one chose next weekend for their hunt so the final code will be a thumbs up with your animals and pictures must be posted by 10pm Sunday evening. 
FayetteNam

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2009, 05:34:21 PM »
missed a red lastnight.
going out again this evening

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 07:12:24 PM »
May the force be with you!
FayetteNam

Offline edhunts5

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 08:13:09 PM »
Made a couple stands tonight "0" very disappointing.  waited for this weekend to go to these spots? good luck to everyone else  Ed