Author Topic: website  (Read 6771 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
website
« on: January 06, 2009, 06:21:46 AM »
Ok, maybe its me, i cannot find any information on the district wide hunt.  there is nothing under the events section in this forum, when i go to the main page and click on events i do see the north central hunt but when i click on it for details i states it is off limits to me because it is members only.  we really need to get this fixed, because it seems to be a problem for more than one person.  also i agree with an early suggestion to get rid of the memebers only thing.   

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
Re: website
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:42:31 AM »
Ok, maybe its me, i cannot find any information on the district wide hunt.  there is nothing under the events section in this forum, when i go to the main page and click on events i do see the north central hunt but when i click on it for details i states it is off limits to me because it is members only.  we really need to get this fixed, because it seems to be a problem for more than one person.  also i agree with an early suggestion to get rid of the memebers only thing.  

I've never been given anything to post on the website, therefore it hasen't been done.  I can only post what is given to me.  Sort of like the situation with Lifes2Fun and the newsletter, he can only add what is sent in.
Sore Lip 'Em All -- Catch & Release

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:58:16 AM »
PM sent to keystone
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 09:45:16 AM »

there's nothing to be fixed... our hunts are members only for legal purposes... if you want to participate in the hunts, join the club...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 10:02:10 AM »
All hunts and upcomming events should be posted on threads open to public. It generates interest, excitement and new membership. The PPHA home is not updated. We need to develop our web site like predator masters web site. Sponsor such as Foxpro Logo should be on top of our web site. It will snowball from here. We need to have member application on our web site along with fees. We need to express that for each new membership they will get a one year subscription to Predator Extreme magazine. Develop an exciting web site and alot more will happen. Just monor changes our web guy can handle. Only a few suggestions. Thank you------------ Tom P nice talking to you last night.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:09:40 AM by foxpro51 »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 10:10:06 AM »
Dale, 

i disagree with you, something needs to be fixed,  when i try to get information about a hunt from the main page i get this>

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. 

Plus, i see nothing about the district wide hunt..  what is the cost, when is it, I see nothing on it except for people complaining that there is not a lot of particiapation.    there's a shocker if you can't get any information about it.

i agree, you should have to be a member to participate in the hunt but you shouldn't have to be one to look at the events. 

PS:   I am a member, i don't have my card on me but i am sure joe will verify my membership if need be. 

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 10:21:13 AM »
an exciting web site and alot more will happen. Just monor changes our web guy can handle. Only a few suggestions. Thank you------------ Tom P nice talking to you last night.

I can handle most anything.  And if I can't I will find someone who can.  However, I need the content.

tom p

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 11:27:41 AM »
Guys just give us a little time to do some tinkering with the site.  The officers & myself have been hearing your ideas--its not falling on deaf ears.  Its all most 4 months since the new officers have taken office--we've had 4 meetings so far.  Our meeting are very productive.  Many new items have been voted on & passed.  At our past meeting we had about a 45 minutes discussion involving the forum board.  I have a list of things to discuss with keystoneman in the next few days 2 work on upgrading our site.

we have voted on & passed changes to the membership dues

1 yr. single membership--$20
1 yr. family membership--$25

3 yr. single membership--$50
3 yr. family membership--$60

all membership will include subscription to predator xtreme magazine

in closing guys I just ask that you give us some time to discuss & work on your ideas & suggestions.  remember guys we all have jobs & family-- none of us are paid positions of the ppha. we give our free time to serve as officers.  there's only so many hours in a day for us to squeeze everything in.  I'd like to also personally thank each of you for getting involved with your ideas & suggestions.  this is how the ppha will continue to grow.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 01:26:19 PM by tom p »

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 02:42:53 PM »
Tom, I updated the website with the new options for the membership.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 02:44:12 PM »
Dale, 

i disagree with you, something needs to be fixed,  when i try to get information about a hunt from the main page i get this>

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. 

Plus, i see nothing about the district wide hunt..  what is the cost, when is it, I see nothing on it except for people complaining that there is not a lot of particiapation.    there's a shocker if you can't get any information about it.

i agree, you should have to be a member to participate in the hunt but you shouldn't have to be one to look at the events. 

PS:   I am a member, i don't have my card on me but i am sure joe will verify my membership if need be. 

in that case you need to get with Ben and get your permissions turned on so you can see those pages...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 02:46:17 PM »

in that case you need to get with Ben and get your permissions turned on so you can see those pages...

I took care of it.  This is something I am able to do as well.

Scott, you should be ok now.  If not - PM me or email me.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 06:19:24 PM »
OUTSTANDING. i BELIEVE OUR WEB MAN CAN HANDLE ANYTHING. Just vote the ideas and changes in and DO IT. Again go to a

successful webe page like Predator Masters and  (learn from it.) Build our web site for Pa. hunters that last year around. Cater to PA. predator

hunters as well as Varmint hunters. Quality Vendor Logos, a well thought out web site will generate a ton of hits on this site as well as new

members.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 06:31:42 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 10:15:16 PM »
Why we're on the topic of membership.  I still have not gooten anything or word on a membership card.  I mailed in my application and check early Nov.  The check has been cashed and cleared.  I posted something in reference to this 2 maybe 3 weeks ago.  Got a few responses but nothing since.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 11:15:46 PM »
Swarter....contact 'dreamcatcher'...he's in charge of the membership's.

A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 11:35:23 PM »
The members only area is for PPHA members to discuss issues out of the public....it is meant for a forum where we can hash out our issues we as a club have since we do not have any clubhouse or regular month to month meetings where it can be discussed.
Definitely something that needs to stay IMO.

I would love to see this club grow and become stronger...but by the same standards....it needs to retain core values...too many associations grow to be businesses and then the only thing its members are construed as is...dues/money for the club.   

THIS IS SPARTA!!